Tacoma Demolition Pictures from Puyallup Demolition Contractor @ Bobs. Bob is the best "Small Job" Demolition contractor in Tacoma and Puyallup. Bob does the small jobs other DEMO contractors don't want. Bod owns the equipment to go the job done on time. Call Bob for a free quote. Lakewood, University Place, South Hill, Federal Way.

Bobs Property Solutions brings you the most affordable and reliable building demolition in Tacoma, Puyallup, Auburn, Federal Way, and surrounding areas.

You’ve come to the right place to find an outstanding demolition and service company located in Puyallup WA.

Bobs Property Solutions, is a locally, family owned company with a great reputation as a professional demolition contractor who consistently meets their customer’s needs. If you need to demolish a building or remove a house foundation, concrete or asphalt driveway or slab, we are the company to call. We offer residential, commercial and industrial demolition. We can remove underground storage tanks as well as scrap metal, junk cars or equipment, and debris off your property.

We have worked for government and environmental agencies. We will work as a general contractor or a sub-contractor.
To keep the price low at Bobs Property Solutions, we offer that you pay the land fill or recycling plat directly when they do not give contractors a whole sale rate. This cuts out the middle man and will save you 20% on dump fees over my competition.

Many people think it is cheaper to get a 20 yard drop container and rent an excavator. I called LeMay in Tacoma, WA. and a twenty yard container will cost about $250-275 per trip to dump plus the dump fee. Then you will need to rent the excavator if you don’t already own one. I just called Herts Equipment rental, in Fife WA. For a 50 size excavator they quoted me $355 a day plus $110 pickup and delivery plus tax and insurance. That’s over $500 just to rent a small excavator for one day, not to mention fuel and a professional operator.

So if you where to get two containers, loaded and hauled in one day it is going to cost you about $1000 to get 40 yards removed not counting your personal time. Now what if the container driver does not show up to haul your container when “YOU” need him to? You may end up renting that excavator for an extra day. Bob's can load and haul 70-80 cubic yards of soft demolition material (in two loads/not concrete), per day. Do the math, that’s about four times the material of a 20 yard drop container and you don’t have to stress over renting. Bob's has seen this time and again where people will spend $2.00 to save $1.00.

Demolition Procedures and permitting:

1. When do I need a permit for demolition? If a mobile home has greater than 120 square feet of roof area, removing 10 or more linear feet of friable asbestos, removing 48 or more square feet of friable asbestos, performing any demolition on a projected with roof area greater than 120 square feet.

2. Before you start, check for asbestos and then follow Puget Sound Clean Air Agency’s requirements carefully – failure to do so can result in a notice of violation and monetary penalties.

3. Check with your local building department as they may have additional requirements for demolishing a home or commercial building. You can find city and county building departments or planners here. (link to our permit page)

4. Conduct an asbestos and hazardous materials survey. Surveys must be conducted by an (Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act) AHERA-certified building inspector. Bob has a company he works with that will perform your survey and abatement. A typical home will cost about $300-500. You can also find these inspectors listed on the internet by searching “Asbestos Consulting and Testing.” You must share a copy of the survey results with your demolition contractor, transporter/hauler, recycler or land recovery and anyone else who may come in contact with the material, and keep a copy of the survey on site.

5. File an Asbestos/Demolition Notification. An Asbestos/Demolition Notification and a filing fee must be submitted to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency 10 days before any asbestos removal or demolition begins. You can contact them at: E-mail: asbestos@pscleanair.org Phone: (206) 689-4058.

6. Proper abatement or removal of asbestos or other hazardous materials. Remove all friable asbestos-containing material prior to demolition including but not limited to, pales of paint, aerosol cans, chemicals in liquid, powder or solid forms, and combustible fuels.

7. What is Friable vs. Non-Friable Asbestos? The legal definitions of “friable” and “non-friable” asbestos clearly depicts the differences between dangerous and safe asbestos-containing materials. Friable asbestos-containing materials is any material that contains more than one percent asbestos by weight or area, depending on whether it is a bulk or sheet material and can be crumbled, pulverized, or reduced to powder by the pressure of an ordinary human hand. Non-friable asbestos-containing materials is any material that contains more than one percent asbestos, but cannot be pulverized under hand pressure. Materials are slightly more confusing within the classification of non-friable asbestos-containing materials: Category I non-friable includes asbestos packings, gaskets, resilient floor covering, and asphalt roofing products. Category II is any non-friable asbestos-containing materials not included in Category I.

8. Bobs strongly encourages that you employ a certified asbestos abatement contractor to remove any asbestos. The work is difficult, time-consuming, and dangerous to you and your family’s health if procedures and regulations are not strictly followed. These experts have specialized equipment and training and employ techniques to control asbestos fibers not available to homeowners and unspecialized contractors. In addition, asbestos removal work is physically demanding, requiring a respirator, non-breathable coveralls, rubber gloves and boots, working in high humidity and can be on wet, slippery surfaces.

9. If you remove friable asbestos-containing material yourself, you must follow Regulation III, Section 4.05 (b) “Friable Asbestos Removal Work Practices” and 4.07. You can find a PDF of these regulations here : http://www.pscleanair.org/regulated/reg3/3-4.pdf

10. There may be other permits or inspections not listed above. Depending on the jurisdiction of the project, please research this when you visit your local planning or permitting office.

11. Disconnect utilities. Before we start if you have overhead power, you need to have the power lines dropped from the pole. If your power is buried we need to have the power disconnected at the street. Water meters will need to be shut off. Gas will need to be disconnected by the local gas company. If the property is on sewer Bob will need to cap the sewer.

13. Demolish the structure. After you have secured all the permits, received a clearance letter from a certified asbestos survey contractor and you have waited 10 days after submitting the “Demolition Intent Notification” to demolish your house, or structure, Bobs will be ready to move in and demolish it.

Demolition InforMATION